Skip to main content

Man Steals Car To Allegedly Save A Friend With Kidney Failure









A 55-year-old transporter, identified as Alhaji Ramon Adeleke who was rounded off with his friend recently by the operatives of Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, has said he went into robbery to save the life of his friend who has kidney failure.
Adeleke was caught alongside his friend Lukmon Shoyoye on Close-Circuit Television CCTV in front of a hotel stealing a parked Toyota Corolla around Allen Avenue, at midnight.
Adeleke who confessed to committing the crime, said that, “I gave the money to my friend, Chief Kola, who had kidney problem because he was very sick.”
In his account,“I live in Obilegun Street in Iba, Lagos and married with four children. I am a landlord in Lagos.
“My friend and I went to Airport Hotel at night and at dawn, we stole a Toyota Corolla 2003 model, parked in the hotel. While we were stealing the vehicle, I did not know that the CCTV captured us.
“I took the car to Alhaji who bought it for N400, 000. I gave the money to my friend Chief Kola, who had kidney problem because he was very sick. I gave Lukmon, who went to the operation with me, N80,000.”
38-year-old Lukmon Shoyoye however reiterated in his own defence that, “I have known Ramon for several years. We met when he came to fix the glass of his commercial vehicle. Sometime around November 2014, Ramon called me on phone and said he wanted to see me.
“When we met, he said he wants me to escort him. He told me he wants to seize the vehicle of a friend who owed him but refused to pay. I neither planned nor discussed the operation with him.
“We drove to Allen at about 12 midnight. I became suspicious of his mission when he stole a car that was parked in the hotel. It was Ramon that forced the door of the vehicle open.
“It was when we left the scene that it occurred to me that he actually stole a car. I drove my four-runner Jeep, while he drove the stolen vehicle. He went alone to Ile-Epo to sell the vehicle.
“I do not know for how much he sold the car, but he gave me N80,000 which I used to pay my children’s school fees. I was arrested after Ramon was arrested.
“I am from Abeokuta in Ogun State and married with six children. I am an aluminium fabricator.”
The stolen vehicle has since been recovered while the suspects will be charged to court soon.

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO EXTEND YOUR MTN BIS TO UPTO 6 MONTHS FOR FREE

Yay!!! Good News to all MTN Subscribers using Blackberry. Naijaloaded finally unlocked the Code/Scope on How to Use your BIS for upto 6Months for Free. I don't believe this either when a Friend (Akin) sent it some days back, but it was tested and Guess what it works perfectly, Akin was the same Guy who sent us the Scope on How to Use MTN BIS on PC back then. After trying the Code below, My BIS Expire just last month and am still able to Ping and Browse on my Blackberry for 2 Months now without any Traces of it to Expire soonest. NOTE:- This is an Oppourtunity for some Students or NYSC Members to Make little money while on Campus/Camp, Don't dull yourself, December is fast Approaching. HOW TO EXTEND YOUR MTN BIS TO UPTO 6 MONTHS FOR FREE 1. Get this Step Clearly, Set your Blackberry date 6 Months ahead anytime you want to Subscribe for New MTN BIS e.g Lets say you want to Subscribe for a new BIS, Today is 8/Nov/2012, You can set the date to 8/April/2013....

Federal government, power firms disagree on stranded 2,000MW

Electricity distribution companies do not believe that there are about 2,000 megawatts of electricity that are stranded in the Nigerian power sector. According to the Discos, the Federal Government’s continuous claim that about 2,000MW of electricity had been stranded for over one year is difficult to comprehend. In June 2018, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, declared that about 2,000MW of electricity produced by power generation companies had been left stranded, as Discos lacked the capacity to take all the generated electricity. To effectively utilise the stranded power, the government introduced the Eligible Customer Policy, an initiative that empowers power consumers to buy electricity directly from generation companies instead of waiting to be supplied power by the Discos. The policy, however, had yet to yield the desired results, as the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, Louis Edozien, announced at a wor...